Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week 16

In the fourth month and second trimester already. My pregnancy has been very easy so far, thank-you Peanut! I didn't have any morning sickness my first trimester and my energy has been pretty stable so far. Some days I get more tired than others, but that's expected. My clothes are getting a bit snug, but everything still fits.

Peanut is now the size of an orange, about 4 and a half inches from head to bottom, and weighing in at about 2 to 3 ounces. I think I'm starting to feel the baby move, little bubbles in my tummy, so I'm not 100% sure, but it's exciting to pretend anyway. A little bump is noticeable when I'm wearing a tight shirt now.

I bought a heart beat monitor on Ebay and it can pick up the sound of the baby's heart as well as any movement. Adrian and I listen to the baby all the time. It's so much fun to interact with this precious life growing inside me. At times we hear just the fast pace bumping of his or her heart, and others times we hear loud thuds, which are sounds of the baby moving around. We enjoy sitting on the couch together and laughing when we hear the thuds!

No comments:

Post a Comment