Sunday, September 12, 2010

My sweet little girl



Here is our sweet little Abbigail Rose Francoz!

We finally found out the gender of our little one and we couldn't be more excited!

Yesterday we had our ultrasound appointment. The tech. always starts by having just me in the room and taking a lot of pictures of the baby with the monitor turned away from me. She was checking to see if the baby was healthy and to make sure the baby was growing properly. I was quiet the entire time just thinking about wether we can tell if we are having a boy or a girl. I even started to tear up because the anticipation was killing me! After what seemed to be forever, she had Adrian come into the room. She showed us the baby's hand, profile, legs, and face. She was having a difficult time telling if the baby was a boy or a girl because the baby's legs were crossed. I was disappointed because we wanted to find out today, but then she said, "Hold on... oh yeah, I think it's a girl."

Adrian and I were very happy and said hi to Abbigail, but when we left we felt unsure because of the way the technician announced it. But either way, we called and texted everyone we knew and told them we were expecting a little baby girl. We met up with Sylvie, Philippe, Dad, and Carol and ate lunch at BJ's. Before we ate lunch though, Adrian and I stopped at Babies R Us and bought Abbigail her first little out fit. We were so happy and we were all talking about how fun it will be to have a little girl in the family.

Since we weren't 100% sure about the gender, I scheduled another ultrasound appointment with a private company. The experience in the second place was so much nicer. Adrian and I went into the room together. The tech. was very nice and talkative. She played lullaby music and we got to see the images on a large flat screen TV. She first started off showing us the traditional 2-D, black and white screen. We saw Abbigail sucking on her thumb! Then, she switched the screen to the 3-D images. I was so shocked at what we saw. The 3-D pictures looked amazing! We saw her little face, arms, legs, and yes her vagina. Even though she is still skinny only being 19 weeks along, she looked so sweet and cute. I was so happy that we made the second appointment.

The lady asked us if we really wanted to know the gender of our baby, and of course we said yes! She pointed out very clearly that we were in fact having a girl. I felt so relieved as we want to get started on painting the nursery and getting everything prepared for our baby. No more second thoughts or wonderings, Abbigail Rose is my baby's name and I couldn't be any happier.


2-D photo of Abbigail. Profile view.

The little white arrow is pointing out the fact that our baby is a girl! You are looking at her from underneath (like how she would look if she sat on a photocopy machine).



No comments:

Post a Comment