Saturday, July 31, 2010

Gotta love yard sales!

Today Adrian and I woke up bright and early to check out some local yard sales in the area. We haven't been to one in a long time and were interested to find out if people were selling baby items at a reasonable price. Baby things are not cheep and it seems like you need a million different things just for baby. So, we figured if we could find a few things at a good price, we would start collecting stuff for our little one.

We drove around all morning and didn't see very much at first, but by the end of the morning we came home with two great deals. The first item we bought was the blue Bumbo chair above. It was in it's original box and was very clean. In stores these seats can cost up to $4o, but we were able to buy it for $10. The second deal we found was the bouncer. It was super clean and worked perfectly. The lady wanted $10, but Adrian talked her down to $5. In stores, the bouncer would have cost around $50 new. So, needless to say we were very happy with our findings today.

2 comments:

  1. SWEET deals... I have a purple Bumbo in great condition if you want to trade, I was going to sell mine to buy a blue one! Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may also have some clothes if you are interested. I am going to start going through Julia's old things and selling them to buy boy clothes. I have BOXES of stuff

    ReplyDelete